Thursday, February 24, 2011

Journal

One time that I remember being scared was when I found out that my dad was sick. I have dealt with people having cancer in my family all of my life but I never really thought that it would happen to someone so close to me. My dad and I are very close and I like to think of us more as friends than father and daughter. The day I found out that he was sick I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. After his initial test I knew that there was a strong possibility that he could have cancer but I never thought that it would happen to him. I was so scared when my mom told me the news and all I wanted to do was break down and cry. I tried not to think of all the bad things that could happen to him but sometimes it was impossible to avoid. I would do my best to just not even think about it but it was hard to avoid thinking about it everytime I saw him. The day he had surgery I was just as scared as I was the day that I found out. I thought to myself what if this doesnt work or what if it is worse than they thought. I tried to block out the scary thoughts but as we were sitting in the waiting room that is all that I could really think about. The tension between everyone there that day was something that I have never really felt. I could tell I was not the only one that had those thoughts running through their minds. My mom was trying so hard to stay strong for everyone there but you could tell she was just as scared as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment