Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Journal

One of my favorite memories from when I was growing up was taking a trip ever summer to the cabin. I think the first time we went was when I was in 3rd grade and we went back every summer until the summer before 8th grade. I looked forward to that week at the cabin all summer. It was a place where we all came together to have fun relax and enjoy each others company. The week was full of volleyball games, tubing and jetskiing. At night we would run around playing night games and going for late night swims. No matter what sort of weather we were having we managed to have so much fun and make every experience memorable. Ice cream was my favorite thing to eat right in the morning. I would go over to the little store buy a cone and hope that my parents didnt get too upset with me. Although we did the same thing every year and were with pretty much the same people two trips were never the same. It seemed that every year we went the time seemed to fly by faster and faster and I still remember leaving for the last time. It was always bitter sweet leaving but knowing that we will be returning the next year, but the last time was obviously different. We all knew that the time had to come that we would no longer be able to all get together and go up north but it really didnt seem real until we all drove away for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment