Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Journal

I wish someone had told me at an earlier age not to put all my eggs in one basket. Growing up I was the type of person to have one really close best friend and occastionally talk to others but mostly just hang out with one person. I never thought that it would cause so many problems and I never knew that it would have such a great impact on my life and future freindships. Throughout middle school I hung out with one girl and didnt ever hang out with anyone else. We didnt really spend any weekends apart and I closed off myself to everyone else. I thought that I could trust her with everything and we would be friends forever but the young girl that I first met was not the same girl I was friends with towards the end of our friendship. She never thought she did anything wrong and I was always putting more into the friendship than she was. I knew that it wasnt fair for me and the relationship was not healthy but I couldnt stand the thought of losing the person that I thought I was the closest to. As my parents watched the friendship unfold they finally told me that I should not just close myself off to just one person and not to put all my eggs in one basket but for me that really didnt mean much. It wasnt until I found out that she did something behind my back that no supposed bestfriend would do, that I realized that my parents were right all along. Although going through all of that was not very easy I have learned from my mistakes and I will always follow the advice of not putting all my eggs in one basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment