Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Journal

And as I sat at the new coffee shop I had just discovered I didnt think that I could feel more out of place. I was new to this town and ever since I had gotten here I felt as though I did not belong. I was from a small down and this is the first time that I have been in a city this size and now I am living here. I am used to the clam and slow moving way of life out in the country and I havent quite adjusted to the fast paced and never ending speed of city life. As I walked around this new town I felt that everyone was just looking at me knowing that this was not in a place where I feel comfortable. As I sat at this coffee shop, I felt for the first time since being here that I was not being watched or judged for my lack of knowledge of this part of town. However, I was once again going to feel like the outsider I was. Apparently seeing someone drive down the road in a car that looks like a shoe is normal here but I have never seen anything like it. As the man and his car passed everyone on the street they didnt seem to notice the crazy sight, however I couldnt take my eyes off of it. In this town I have seen things that I never thought I would and I wasnt quite sure that I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment